Silk Route Sikkim Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
Silk Route Sikkim is an offshoot of South West Silk Route from Lhasa and Lanzhou which crossed the Eastern Himalayas and reached Sikkim at different High altitude passes comprising Gnathang Valley, Zuluk, Phadamchen, Rolep, Sillerygaon till Tamluk and to various sea ports. The route was inaccessible for quite a long time due to severe weather conditions and low maintenance by the Border Road Organisations and other Govt. Bodies. But since last 8-10 years the road conditions had been regained and hence we got Silk Route for you with all the support from the Natives of Sikkim, so most of the accommodations are just homestays there with homely experience and homely food. Enjoy nature & people equally in Silk Route.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Rolep & 14Phatak, to facilitate all its upcoming Old Silk Route tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Rolep & 14Phatak representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Old Silk Route trip.
Silk Route Sikkim tour package highlights
- 5N/6D Package for minimum 8 Pax
- Includes all major sightseeings
- Sumo/ Bolero/ Max/ Similar on point to point basis
- Non AC Homestay Rooms for 5 Nights
- Accommodation on EP basis
- Air ticketing assistance
NJP/ Bagdogra > 14Phatak > Phadamchen > Gnathang > Rolep > Mankhim > NJP/ Bagdogra
- Thambi View Point
- Gnathang Valley
- Kupup Lake
- Old Baba Mandir
- Memencho Lake View Point
- Sokheyjhora Falls
- Mankhim Monastery
- Aritar Lake
- Deolo Hill
Best time to visit Silk Route Sikkim
- By Flight: Oct to Jun (Bagdogra)
- By Train: Oct to Jun (New Jalpaiguri)
- By Road: Oct to Jun Year (Siliguri)
Disclaimer of Silk Route Sikkim photos
- All Old Silk Route photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Old Silk Route photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Old Silk Route photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: NJP/ Bagdogra > 14Phatak 90KMS/ 3-4HRS
Arrival at NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri transfer to homestay at 14Phatak. Rest & relax. Evening stroll/ hike to Ramdhura/ Barmaik/ Eccheygaon. O/N stay at 14Phatak.
Day 02: 14Phatak > Phadamchen 70KMS/ 3-4HRS
After breakfast transfer to homestay at Phadamchen. Enroute visit Pedong, Reshikhola, Mankhim, Mankhim Monastery, Aritar Lake, Rhenock, Rongli. Rest & relax. O/N stay at Phadamchen.
Day 03: Phadamchen > Gnathang 36KMS/ 2 – 2.5HRS
After breakfast, transfer to homestay at Gnathang. Enroute visit Zuluk, Thambi View Point, Lungthung. Rest & relax. O/N stay at Gnathang.
Day 04: Gnathang Valley > Rolep 64KMS/ 2-3HRS
After breakfast, transfer to homestay at Rolep via Kupup Lake, Old Baba Mandir, Memencho Lake View Point, Lungthung, Thambi View Point, Zuluk. Rest & relax. Evening walk down to Sokayjhora Waterfalls. O/N Rolep.
Day 05: Rolep > Mankhim 40KMS/ 1-2HRS
After breakfast, transfer to homestay at Mankhim. Rest & relax. Afternoon sightseeing to Mankhim Monastery, Aritar Lake. O/N Mankhim.
Day 06: Mankhim > Kalimpong > NJP/ Bagdogra 128KMS/ 5 – 6HRS
After breakfast, transfer to NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri. Enroute visit Deolo Hill, Kalimpong. Tour ends.
- Accommodation on double/ triple sharing basis as per package selected.
- Food (5 Breakfasts + 5 Lunches + 5 Dinners).
- Ex NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri transfers.
- Transportation by NON AC Sumo/ Bolero/ Max/ similar vehicles as per availability on point to point basis.
- Train/ Flight/ Bus Fares
- Entry Fees
- Parasailing, Paragliding, Angling, Other Activities etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered.
- Any kind of cultural program(can be arranged at extra payment).
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, etc.
- Any kind of drinks(alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Below 5 years of age – complimentary.
- 5 to 7 years of age – pay on spot as per homestay rules.
- 8 years of age – full cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Price valid for 08 adult persons.
- 100% payment to be paid 30 days before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan(Point to Point Basis only).
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days of starting the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 15 days of starting of the tour or after starting or middle of the tour.