Saranda Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
Saranda forest is a dense forest in the hilly region of West Singhbhum district in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand. This area used to be the private hunting reserve of the Singh Deo family (the erstwhile royal family of Saraikela). The forest covers an area of 820 sq km. Saranda literally means seven hundred hills. Thalkobad, about 46 km from Manoharpur and about 160 km from Jamshedpur. is a scenic village at a height of 550 meters (1,800 ft) in the heart of the forest.
Ho people inhabit the area, which is dotted with iron ore mining towns including Gua, Chiria, Kiriburu and Noamundi.
Sal is the most important tree in the area and it seems to have a preference for the rocky soil of the area.
The reserved forests are the haunt of many animals. Wild elephants are common in Saranada and Porahat forests. Herds of sambar and chital roam about the forests. Bison is still found. Tigers were never numerous but they are there. Leopards are more common.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Barbil to facilitate all it’s upcoming Saranda tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Barbil representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Saranda trip.
Saranda Tour package highlights
- 3N/ 4D Package for minimum 6 Pax(ex Barbil)
- Non AC Standard Rooms for 3 Nights
- Accommodation on AP basis
- Jungle Safari in Jeep
- To & Fro Transfers from Barbil in Non AC Jeep/ Bolero/ Sumo/ Similar Vehicles
- Air ticketing assistance
Barbil > Saranda > Barbil
Best time to visit Saranda
- 01 Oct to 30 Jun
- Summer is the ideal time for wildlife sighting
Disclaimer of Saranda photos
- All Saranda photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Saranda photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Saranda photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: Barbil > Saranda 4.5KMS/ 15MINS
Pick-up from Barbil Railway Station & transfer to resort at Saranda. Rest & relax. Evening at leisure. O/N stay at Saranda.
Day 02: Jungle Safari
After breakfast, Jungle Safari at Saranda Forest. Evening at leisure. O/N stay at Saranda.
Day 03: Excursion to Kiriburu & Meghataburu 4 – 5HRS
After breakfast, full day excursion to Kiriburu & Meghataburu. O/N stay at Saranda.
Day 04: Saranda > Barbil 4.5KMS/ 15MINS
After breakfast, transfer to Barbil Railway Station. Tour ends.
- Non AC Standard Accommodation in Resort for 3 nights on Double/ Triple Sharing Basis as per package selected
- Jungle Safari in Non AC Jeep
- Ex Barbil Station transfers by Non AC Jeep/ Bolero/ Sumo/ Similar Vehicles
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours.
- Additional usage of Vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of Naturalists to be paid as per actual.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight/ train cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks, political disturbances and/ or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Child below 5 years of age will be complimentary. Child above 5 years of age will be considered as an Extra Seat for Transportation & will be charged 50% of the Package Cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices valid for minimum 06 Pax traveling together in one vehicle excluding driver.
- 100% payment to be deposited before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan.
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 30 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour.
- Every individual must carry his/ her own Photo Identity Card
- Make sure that you have valid permits before entering Saranda Forest.
- Bring camera, capture the moments.
- Bring binoculars to enjoy the wildlife.
- Drive slowly, enjoy the safari.
- Stick to the guided road/ track otherwise there are chances to get attacked by the wild animals.
- Maintain silence. Human sound, noises, music or horn of vehicles disturb the animals.
- Maintain distance with the wild animals, stay safe.
- Wear brown, beige or green clothes as much as possible to match with the forest color and not disturb or excite the wild animals. Less bright clothes are acceptable.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear chappals
- Carry any kind of weaponry.
- Smoke or light campfire.
- Use perfume.
- Use flashlight while capturing the picture. Animals have sensitive eyes, using flash light may excite their nerves.
- Throw any kind of wastes or garbage in the park. Saranda Forest is home of the wild animals and plants that need to be respected for human survival.
- Pick or touch any dead or living plants or animals.
- Consume non-vegetarian food or alcohol inside Saranda Forest.
- Walk after 5.00PM till 6.00AM inside the park.