Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
Ranchi, the capital city of the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand was the centre of the Jharkhand movement which called for a separate state for the tribal regions of South Bihar, northern Orissa, western West Bengal and the eastern area of what is present-day Chhattisgarh. Ranchi is located in the southern part of the Chhotanagpur Plateau, which is the eastern section of the Deccan Plateau. Ranchi has a hilly topography and its dense tropical forests produce a relatively moderate climate compared to the rest of the state. However, due to uncontrolled deforestation and development of the city, the average temperature has increased.
Referred to as the “Queen of Chhotanagpur”, Netarhat is a famous hill station located in the western part of Jharkhand. It is roughly at an elevation of 3700 feet above sea level and is one of the highest points in Jharkhand. As a result the climate of Netarhat is salubrious round the year. Situated inside the Palamau Tiger Reserve, the beauty of Netarhat impresses every traveler with rolling hills, coniferous forests, beautiful waterfalls & glorious sunrises and sunsets.
One of the earliest Tiger Reserves of India, Betla became a National Park in 1989. Located in the northwestern part of Jharkhand, Betla National Park boasts of a variety of flora & fauna, the most common being wild elephants, gaurs, chitals, wild boars, rhesus monkeys among others. The park has a number of predators such as sloth bears, leopards, wolves, jackals, hyenas and several others although, the tiger population has dwindled over the years. The park provides several opportunities to observe wildlife from close range. There are elephant rides and jeeps available with guides for venturing inside the park. Watch towers and ground hides have been constructed to view the wildlife.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Ranchi to facilitate all it’s upcoming Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Ranchi representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla trip.
Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla tour package highlights
- 6N/ 7D Package for minimum 6 Pax(ex Ranchi)
- Non AC Standard Rooms for 6 Nights
- Accommodation on EP basis
- To & Fro Transfers from Ranchi in Bolero/ Qualis/ Tavera/ Similar Vehicles
- Air ticketing assistance
Ranchi > Netarhat > Betla National Park > Ranchi
Best time to visit Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla
- Round the Year
- Summer is the ideal time for wildlife sighting
Disclaimer of Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla photos
- All Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Ranchi, Netarhat & Betla photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: Ranchi Railway Station/ Airport Pick-up > Hotel > Ranchi Sightseeing 4 – 5HRS
Pick-up from Ranchi Railway Station/ Airport & transfer to hotel. Rest & relax. Half day sightseeing to Rock Garden, Kanke Dam, Pahari Mandir, Bhagawan Birsa Biological Park Zoo, Tagore Hill, Jagannath Temple. O/N stay at Ranchi.
Day 02: Visit to Waterfalls 7 – 8HRS
After breakfast, full day visit to Hundru Falls, Jonha Falls, Sita Falls, Dassam Falls. O/N stay at Ranchi.
Day 03: Ranchi > Netarhat 153KMS/ 4 – 5HRS
After breakfast, transfer to hotel/ resort at Netarhat. Rest & relax. Evening at leisure. O/N stay at Netarhat.
Day 04: Netarhat Sightseeing 5 – 6HRS
Early morning, witness beautiful sunrise from Sunrise Point. After breakfast, sightseeing to Upper Ghaghri, Lower Ghaghri, Netarhat Dam, Koel View Point, Netarhat Public School. In the evening, witness beautiful sunset from Magnolia Point. O/N stay at Netarhat.
Day 05: Netarhat > Lodh Falls(if time permits/ political situation is okay) > Betla National Park 155KMS/ 5 – 6HRS
After breakfast, transfer to hotel/ resort at Betla. Enroute visit Lodh Falls(highest waterfall of Jharkhand – if time permits/ political situation is okay) Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari at Betla National Park at your own cost. O/N stay at Betla.
Day 06: Betla National Park
Early morning Jungle Safari/ Elephant Safari at Betla National Parl at your own cost. Rest & relax. Evening visit to Palamu Quila(Betla Fort). O/N stay at Betla.
Day 07: Betla > Kechki > Ranchi 176 KMS/ 6 – 7HRS
After breakfast, transfer to Ranchi Railway Station/ Airport. Enroute visit to Kechki Sangam(confluence of North Koel & Auranga rivers) where world famous director Satyajit Ray’s movie “Aranyer Dinratri” was shot. Tour ends.
- Non AC Standard Accommodation in Hotel/ Resort for 6 nights on Double Sharing Basis as per package selected
- Ex Ranchi Station/ Airport transfers by Non AC Bolero/ Qualis/ Tavera/ Similar Vehicles
- Jeep Safari
- Elephant Safari
- Jungle Entry Fees, Vehicle, Guide & Parking Charges
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours.
- Additional usage of Vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of Naturalists to be paid as per actual.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight/ train cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks, political disturbances and/ or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Child below 5 years of age will be complimentary. Child above 5 years of age will be considered as an Extra Seat for Transportation & will be charged 50% of the Package Cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices valid for minimum 06 Pax traveling together in one vehicle excluding driver.
- 100% payment to be deposited before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan.
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 30 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour.
- Every individual must carry his/ her own Photo Identity Card
- Make sure that you have valid permits before entering Betla National Park.
- Bring camera, capture the moments.
- Bring binoculars to enjoy the wildlife.
- Drive slowly, enjoy the safari.
- Stick to the guided road/ track otherwise there are chances to get attacked by the wild animals.
- Maintain silence. Human sound, noises, music or horn of vehicles disturb the animals.
- Maintain distance with the wild animals, stay safe.
- Wear brown, beige or green clothes as much as possible to match with the forest color and not disturb or excite the wild animals. Less bright clothes are acceptable.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear chappals
- Carry any kind of weaponry.
- Smoke or light campfire.
- Use perfume.
- Use flashlight while capturing the picture. Animals have sensitive eyes, using flash light may excite their nerves.
- Throw any kind of wastes or garbage in the park. Betla National Park is home of the wild animals and plants that need to be respected for human survival.
- Pick or touch any dead or living plants or animals.
- Consume non-vegetarian food or alcohol inside Betla National Park.
- Walk after 5.00PM till 6.00AM inside the park.