Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
Madurai is a major city in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Located on the banks of the River Vaigai, Madurai has been a major settlement for two millennia. Chennai may be the capital of Tamil Nadu, but Madurai claims its soul. Madurai is Tamil-born and Tamil-rooted, one of the oldest cities in India, a metropolis that traded with ancient Rome and was a great capital long before Chennai was even dreamed of. Tourists, Indian and foreign, come here for the celebrated Meenakshi Amman Temple, a dazzling maze-like structure ranking among India’s greatest temples.
Rameshwaram is one of the Char Dhams of Lord Vishnu as well one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. Hence it holds a tremendous significance to both the ‘Shaiva’ & the ‘Vaishnava’ sect of Hinduism. It is said that this is the place from where the Hindu god Rama built a bridge across the sea to Lanka to rescue his wife Sita from her abductor Ravana. The Ramanathaswamy Temple, dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva, is located at the centre of the town and is closely associated with Rama. Rameshwaram is the closest point from which to reach Sri Lanka from India and geological evidence suggests that the Rama Sethu was a former land connection between India and Sri Lanka.
Kanyakumari, formerly known as ‘Cape Comorin’, is located at the southernmost tip of peninsular India in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu where the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean meet. The name comes from the Devi Kanya Kumari Temple in the region. Kanyakumari town is the southern tip of the Cardamom Hills, an extension of the Western Ghats range. Kanyakumari can feel surreal at certain times when one can witness the sun set and the moon rise over three seas simultaneously. The Temple of the Virgin Sea Goddess, Swami Vivekananda’s legacy and the ‘Land’s End’ symbolism draw crowds of pilgrims and tourists to Kanyakumari.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari to facilitate all its upcoming Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumar trip.
Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari tour package highlights
- 5N/ 6D Package for minimum 6 Pax(ex Madurai & Kanyakumari)
- AC Standard Rooms for 5 Nights
- Accommodation on EP basis
- To & Fro Transfers from Madurai Station/ Airport & Kanyakumari Station/ Thiruvananthapuram Airport in AC Tavera/ Innova/ Similar Vehicles
- Air ticketing assistance
Madurai > Rameshwaram > Kanyakumari
Sightseeings covered in this Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari tour package
- Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal
- Koodal Azhagar Temple
- Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Ramanathaswamy Temple
- Pamban Bridge
- Adam’s Bridge
- Agni Tirtham
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial
- Triveni Sangam
- Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Thiruvalluvar Statue
- Thanumalayan Temple
- Vattakottai Fort
- Mathur Aqueduct
Best time to visit Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari
- By Flight: Jul – Mar (Madurai Airport/ Thiruvananthapuram International Airport – 101KMS/ 2 – 2.5HRS from Kanyakumari)
- By Train: Jul – Mar (Rameshwaram/ Kanyakumari Railway Station)
- By Road: Jul – Mar (NH-49 connects Madurai with Rameshwaram & NH-44 connects Madurai with Kanyakumari)
Disclaimer of Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari photos
- All Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: Madurai Station/ Airport Pick-up > Hotel
Arrival at Madurai Station/ Airport & transfer to hotel. Rest & relax. O/N stay at Madurai
Day 02: Madurai Sightseeing 7 – 8HRS
After breakfast, whole day visit to Meenakshi Amman Temple, Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal, Koodal Azhagar Temple, Gandhi Memorial Museum. O/N stay at Madurai.
Day 03: Madurai > Rameshwaram 169KMS/ 3 – 4HRS > Sightseeing
After breakfast, transfer to hotel at Rameshwaram. Rest & relax. Evening visit to Ramanathaswamy Temple, Pamban Bridge, Adam’s Bridge, Agni Tirtham. O/N stay at Rameshwaram.
Day 04: Rameshwaram > Kanyakumari 311KMS/ 6 – 7HRS
After breakfast, transfer to hotel at Kanyakumari. Rest & relax. O/N stay at Kanyakumari.
Day 05: Kanyakumari Sightseeing 7 – 8HRS
After breakfast, whole day sightseeing to Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Triveni Sangam, Padmanabhapuram Palace, Thiruvalluvar Statue, Thanumalayan Temple, Vattakottai Fort, Mathur Aqueduct. O/N stay at Kanyakumari.
Day 06: Kanyakumari > Thiruvananthapuram 101KMS/ 2 – 3HRS
After breakfast, transfer to Kanyakumari Station/ Thiruvananthapuram Station/ Airport. Tour ends.
- Accommodation on double/ triple sharing basis as per package selected.
- Ex Madurai Station/ Airport & Kanyakumari Station/ Thiruvananthapuram Station/ Airport transfers.
- Transportation by AC Tavera/ Innova/ similar vehicles as per availability on Point to Point basis.
- Train/ Flight Fares
- Entry Fees
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ meals ordered.
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, etc.
- Any kind of drinks(alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Below 5 years of age – complimentary.
- 5 to 8 years of age – 50% of per adult cost.
- Above 8 years of age – full cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Price valid for 06 adult persons.
- 100% payment to be paid before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan(Point to Point Basis only).
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 15% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before starting of the tour.
- 35% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled within 20 days before starting of the tour.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 15 days of starting the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 15 days of starting of the tour or after starting or middle of the tour.