Jayanti & Jaldapara Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
Jayanti is a small forest village within the Buxa Tiger Reserve in Alipurduar district in the extreme northeastern part of the eastern Indian state of West Bengal. It is located along the Jayanti River, forming a natural border with the Bhutan Himalayas. It is popular with hikers for its beautiful views of the surrounding landscape and wild fountains. The 13 kilometers trek from Buxaduar to Jayanti is especially popular, passing through the dense forest of the Buxa Tiger Reserve. Jayanti also enjoys religious importance as it features a stalactite cave known as the Mahakal cave which is thronged by thousands of devotees during festive occasions.
Some 55 odd kilometers to the west of Jayanti is the Jaldapara National Park, also in Alipurduar district. Famous for it’s one horned rhinoceros habitat, Jaldapara is located on the western fringe of the Torsa river. It has the largest population of rhinoceros in West Bengal, an animal threatened with extinction and the second largest in India after Kaziranga National Park in Assam. The nearby Chilapata forest is an elephant corridor between the Jaldapara National Park and the Buxa Tiger Reserve. Major animals of the park include the Indian leopard, Indian elephants, sambar, barking deer, spotted deer, hog deer, wild pigs and bison. Jaldapara is also a paradise for bird watchers. It is one of the very few places in India, where the Bengal florican is sighted. Together, Jayanti & Jaldapara hold the distinction of being some of the most scenic places of the country to visit.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Alipurduar & Madarihat to facilitate all it’s upcoming Jayanti & Jaldapara tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Alipurduar & Madarihat representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Jayanti & Jaldapara trip.
Jayanti & Jaldapara Tour package highlights
- 4N/ 5D Package for minimum 6 Pax (ex NJP/ Bagdogra/ Alipurduar/ Hasimara)
- Non AC Standard Rooms for 4 Nights
- Accommodation in EP basis
- Includes all major sightseeings
- Includes 4 Jungle Safaris in 4 wheel drive open Maruti Gypsy vehicles
- Non AC Sumo/ Bolero/ Tavera/ Similar Vehicles for sightseeings & transfers
- Air ticketing assistance
NJP/Bagdogra/ Alipurduar > Jayanti > Madarihat > NJP/ Bagdogra/ Hasimara
Sightseeings covered in this Jayanti & Jaldapara Tour package
- Rajabhatkhawa Nature Interpretation Center
- Bala River
- Pokhari Lake
- Haringhata Watch Tower
- South Khayerbari Animal Rescue Center
- Chilapata Forest
Best time to visit Jayanti & Jaldapara Tour
- 16 Sept to 14 Jun
- Summer is the ideal time for wildlife sighting
Disclaimer of Jayanti & Jaldapara Tour photos
- All Jayanti & Jaldapara photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Jayanti & Jaldapara photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Jayanti & Jaldapara photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: NJP/ Bagdogra/ Alipurduar > Jayanti 190KMS/ 4 – 5HRS/ 30KMS/ 1 – 1.5HRS
Arrival at NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport/ Alipurduar Station & transfer to resort at Jayanti. Rest & relax. O/N resort at Jayanti.
Day 02: Buxa Tiger Reserve
Early morning Jungle Safari at Buxa Tiger Reserve. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari to Pokhari Lake. O/N resort at Jayanti.
Day 03: Jayanti > Madarihat 55KMS/ 2 – 2.5HRS
After breakfast, transfer to resort at Madarihat. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari to Harindanga Watch Tower & Hollong at Jaldapara National Park. O/N resort at Madarihat.
Day 04: Jaldapara Sightseeing
After breakfast, visit to South Khayerbari Animal Rescue Center. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari at Chilapata Forest. O/N resort at Madarihat.
Day 05: Madarihat > NJP/ Bagdogra/ Hasimara 140KMS/3 – 4HRS/ 13KMS/ 30MINS
After breakfast, transfer to NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport/ Hasimara Station. Tour ends.
- Non AC Standard Accommodation in Resort for 4 nights on Double/ Triple Sharing Basis as per package selected
- Jungle Entry Fees, Vehicle, Guide & Parking Charges
- 4 Jungle Safaris by Non AC 4 wheel drive open Maruti Gypsy Vehicles
- Transportation & Sightseeing by Non AC Sumo/ Bolero/ Tavera/ similar vehilcle on point to point basis
- Ex NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport/ Alipurduar/ Hasimara Station transfers
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered.
- Additional Safaris, Elephant Safaris or usages of Vehicles not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of Naturalists to be paid as per actual.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight/ train cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks, political disturbances and/ or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Child below 5 years of age will be complimentary. Child above 5 years of age will be considered as an Extra Seat for Transportation & will be charged 50% of the Package Cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices valid for minimum 06 Pax traveling together in one vehicle excluding driver & guide.
- 100% payment to be deposited before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan.
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 30 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour.
- Every individual must carry his/ her own Photo Identity Card
- Make sure that you have valid permits before entering Buxa Tiger Reserve & Jaldapara National Park.
- Bring camera, capture the moments.
- Bring binoculars to enjoy the wildlife.
- Drive slowly, enjoy the safari.
- Stick to the guided road/ track otherwise there are chances to get attacked by the wild animals.
- Maintain silence. Human sound, noises, music or horn of vehicles disturb the animals.
- Maintain distance with the wild animals, stay safe.
- Wear brown, beige or green clothes as much as possible to match with the forest color and not disturb or excite the wild animals. Less bright clothes are acceptable.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear chappals
- Carry any kind of weaponry.
- Smoke or light campfire.
- Use perfume.
- Use flashlight while capturing the picture. Animals have sensitive eyes, using flash light may excite their nerves.
- Throw any kind of wastes or garbage in the park. Buxa Tiger Reserve & Jaldapara National Park are home of the wild animals and plants that need to be respected for human survival.
- Pick or touch any dead or living plants or animals.
- Consume non-vegetarian food or alcohol inside Buxa Tiger Reserve & Jaldapara National Park.
- Walk after 5.00PM till 6.00AM inside the park.