Wild Dooars Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
Gorumara & Jaldapara National Parks are situated in the Dooars region in the northern part of the eastern Indian state of West Bengal. They are situated at a distance of roughly 80 kilometers from each other. Both are medium to big sized parks with dense forests and thick grasslands and are home to the endangered Indian rhinoceros. Tigers are almost extinct now from the region but they do have a healthy leopard population, although sightings are not easy due to the dense forests, tall grasslands & bushy tea gardens nearby. Elephants, bisons, deer, wild boars, peacocks are common sightings with a large variety of uncommon and Himalayan birds in abundance.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Lataguri & Madarihat to facilitate all it’s upcoming Gorumara & Jaldapara tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Lataguri & Madarihat representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Gorumara & Jaldapara trip.
Wild Dooars Tour package highlights
- 5N/ 6D Package for minimum 6 Pax (ex NJP/ Bagdogra)
- Standard Rooms for 5 Nights
- Accommodation in EP basis
- Includes all major sightseeings
- Includes 5 Jungle Safaris in 4 wheel drive open Maruti Gypsy vehicles
- Sumo/ Bolero/ Tavera/ Xylo/ Innova/ Similar Vehicles for sightseeings & transfers
- Air ticketing assistance
NJP/ Bagdogra > Lataguri > Madarihat > NJP/ Bagdogra
- Medla Watch Tower
- Rhino Point Watch Tower
- Jatraprasad Watch Tower
- Chapramari Watch Tower
- Rocky Island
- Haringhata Watch Tower
- South Khayerbari Animal Rescue Center
- Chilapata Forest
Best time to visit Wild Dooars Tour
- 16 Sept to 14 Jun
- Summer is the ideal time for wildlife sighting
Disclaimer of Wild Dooars Tour photos
- All Gorumara & Jaldapara photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Gorumara & Jaldapara photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Gorumara & Jaldapara photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: NJP/ Bagdogra > Lataguri 60KMS/ 2 – 2.5HRS
Day 02: Gorumara National Park
Early morning Jungle Safari to Rhino Point & Jatraprasad Watch Towers at Gorumara National Park. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari to Chapramari Watch Tower at Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary. O/N resort at Lataguri
Day 03: Lataguri Sightseeing
After breakfast, sightseeing to Samsing, Suntaleykhola, Rocky Island, Jhalong, Bindu, Paren. O/N resort at Lataguri.
Day 04: Lataguri > Madarihat 82KMS 2.5 – 3HRS
After breakfast, transfer to resort at Madarihat. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari to Harindanga Watch Tower & Hollong at Jaldapara National Park. O/N resort at Madarihat.
Day 05: Jaldapara Sightseeing
After breakfast, visit to South Khayerbari Animal Rescue Center. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari at Chilapata Forest. O/N resort at Madarihat.
Day 06: Madarihat > NJP/ Bagdogra 140KMS/ 4 – 5HRS
After breakfast, transfer to NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport. Tour ends.
- AC Standard Accommodation in Resort for 3 nights on Double/ Triple Sharing Basis as per package selected
- Jungle Entry Fees, Vehicle, Guide & Parking Charges
- 5 Jungle Safaris by Non AC 4 wheel drive open Maruti Gypsy Vehicles
- Transportation & Sightseeing by AC Sumo/ Bolero/ Tavera/ Xylo/ Innova/ similar vehilcle on point to point basis
- Ex NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport transfers
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered.
- Additional Safaris, Elephant Safaris or usages of Vehicles not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of Naturalists to be paid as per actual.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight/ train cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks, political disturbances and/ or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Child below 5 years of age will be complimentary. Child above 5 years of age will be considered as an Extra Seat for Transportation & will be charged 50% of the Package Cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices valid for minimum 06 Pax traveling together in one vehicle excluding driver & guide.
- 100% payment to be deposited before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan.
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 30 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour.
- Every individual must carry his/ her own Photo Identity Card
- Make sure that you have valid permits before entering Gorumara & Jaldapara National Parks.
- Bring camera, capture the moments.
- Bring binoculars to enjoy the wildlife.
- Drive slowly, enjoy the safari.
- Stick to the guided road/ track otherwise there are chances to get attacked by the wild animals.
- Maintain silence. Human sound, noises, music or horn of vehicles disturb the animals.
- Maintain distance with the wild animals, stay safe.
- Wear brown, beige or green clothes as much as possible to match with the forest color and not disturb or excite the wild animals. Less bright clothes are acceptable.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear chappals
- Carry any kind of weaponry.
- Smoke or light campfire.
- Use perfume.
- Use flashlight while capturing the picture. Animals have sensitive eyes, using flash light may excite their nerves.
- Throw any kind of wastes or garbage in the park. Gorumara & Jaldapara National Parks are home of the wild animals and plants that need to be respected for human survival.
- Pick or touch any dead or living plants or animals.
- Consume non-vegetarian food or alcohol inside Gorumara & Jaldapara National Parks.
- Walk after 5.00PM till 6.00AM inside the park.