Goomtee Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
The Goomtee Tea Estate is located in Mahanadi, a quiet railroad station of the UNESCO World Heritage Darjeeling Himalayan Railway in the northern part of the eastern Indian state of West Bengal. Predominantly a British bungalow built by Mr. Henry Montgomery Lennox, this served as the Planter’s bungalow during the Raj era & later as the Director’s bungalow of the following owners of the estate. Now, this opportunity is being extended for all those who want a stay in the bungalow & experience the life of a Darjeeling Tea Planter.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Bagdogra/ NJP, to facilitate all its upcoming Goomtee tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Bagdogra/ NJP representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Goomtee trip.
Goomtee tour package highlights
- 2N/ 3D
- Includes all major sightseeings
- AC Tavera/ Xylo/ Innova on point to point basis
- AC Deluxe Rooms for 2 Nights
- Accommodation on EP basis
- Air ticketing assistance
Bagdogra/ NJP > Goomtee > Bagdogra/ NJP
- Goomtee Tea Garden
- Tiger Hill
Best time to visit Goomtee
- By Flight: Round the Year (Bagdogra – 48KMS/ 1.5 – 2HRS)
- By Train: Round the Year (New Jalpaiguri – 48KMS/ 1.5 – 2HRS)
- By Road: Round the Year (Siliguri – 40KMS/ 1 – 1.5HRS)
Disclaimer of Goomtee photos
- All Goomtee photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Goomtee photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Goomtee photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Day 01: Bagdogra/ NJP > Goomtee 48KMS/ 1.5 – 2HRS
Arrival at Bagdogra Airport/ NJP Station & transfer to bungalow at Goomtee. Rest & relax. O/N stay at Goomtee.
Day 02: Goomtee Sightseeing
After breakfast, walk through the tea gardens & experience the process of tea manufacture. Participate in a tea tasting session followed by picnic lunch, weather permitting. O/N stay at Goomtee.
Day 03: Goomtee > Bagdogra/ NJP 48KMS/ 1.5 – 2HRS
Early morning visit to Tiger Hill to see the magnificent sunrise over Mt. Kanchenjungha & return to bungalow. After breakfast, transfer to Bagdogra Airport/ NJP Station. Tour ends.
- AC Deluxe Accommodation on double sharing basis as per package selected.
- Activities(Tea Garden Walks/ Tea Manufacturing Process/ Picnic Lunch/ Bonfire – Seasonal)
- Ex Bagdogra Airport/ NJP Station transfers.
- Transportation by AC Tavera/ Xylo/ Innova/ similar vehicles as per availability on point to point basis.
- Train/ Flight/ Bus Fares
- Entry Fees
- Boat Rides/ Horse Rides
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered.
- Any kind of cultural program(can be arranged at extra payment).
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, etc.
- Any kind of drinks(alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Below 5 years of age – complimentary.
- 5 to 8 years of age – 50% of per adult cost.
- Above 8 years of age – full cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Price valid for 06 adult persons.
- 100% payment to be paid before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan(Point to Point Basis only).
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 15% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before starting of the tour.
- 35% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled within 20 days before starting of the tour.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 15 days of starting the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 15 days of starting of the tour or after starting or middle of the tour.