Dooars Tour by Ocean6 Holidays
The northern part of the eastern Indian state of West Bengal, famously known as Dooars is one of the most scenic areas of the state. Geographically the area stretches from the Tista River in the west to the Sankosh River in the east which forms the border with the northeastern Indian state of Assam. Buxa Tiger Reserve, Gorumara National Park & Jaldapara National Park are situated in this Dooars region. These are medium to big sized parks with dense forests and thick grasslands with some swampy marshlands and are home to the endangered Indian rhinoceros. Tigers are almost extinct now but the region do have a healthy leopard population, although sightings are not easy due to the dense forests, tall grasslands & bushy tea gardens nearby. Elephants, bisons, deer, wild boars, peacocks are common sightings with a large variety of uncommon and Himalayan birds in abundance.
Rolling hills, Himalayan rivers & streams, extensive tea gardens, dense jungles with varied wildlife population, local tribes with rich cultural background, all form to give you an experience like never before.
Ocean6 Holidays has got it’s own team and base in Sikiajhora, Jaldapara & Lataguri to facilitate all it’s upcoming Buxa, Jaldapara & Gorumara tours. All our guests will be provided with a contact person present in Sikiajhora, Jaldapara & Lataguri representing Ocean6 Holidays during their complete Buxa, Jaldapara & Gorumara trip.
Dooars Tour package highlights
- 6N/ 7D Package for minimum 6 Pax(ex NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri)
- AC Standard Rooms for 6 Nights
- Accommodation on EP basis
- Includes all major sightseeings
- AC Scorpio/ Xylo/ Innova/ Similar Vehicles for sightseeings & transfers
- Air ticketing assistance
NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri > Sikiajhora > Jaldapara > Lataguri > NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri
- Rajabhatkhawa Nature Interpretation Center cum Museum
- Chunia Watch Tower(Buxa Tiger Reserve)
- Pokhari Hill(Buxa Tiger Reserve)
- Jayanti Riverbed
- South Khayerbari Leopard cum Tiger Rehabilitation Center
- Rocky Island
Jungle Safari Points – at own cost (not included in package cost)
- Sikiajhora Boat Safari (Buxa Tiger Reserve)
- Bala Riverbed (Buxa Tiger Reserve – depends upon permit from Forest Department)
- Harindanga Watch Tower (Jaldapara National Park)
- Hollong (Jaldapara National Park)
- Chilapata Forest
- Medla Watch Tower (Gorumara National Park)
- Jatraprasad Watch Tower (Gorumara National Park)
- Rhino Point (Gorumara National Park)
- Chapramari Watch Tower & Wilderness Camp (Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary)
Best time to visit Dooars
- By Flight: Round the Year (Bagdogra – 182KMS/ 5 – 6HRS from Sikiajhora/ 70KMS/ 2 – 2.5HRS from Lataguri)
- By Train: Round the Year (New Jalpaiguri – 168KMS/ 4.5 – 5.5HRS from Sikiajhora/ 50KMS/ 1.5 – 2HRS from Lataguri)
- By Road: Round the Year (Siliguri – 173 KMS/ 4.5 – 5.5HRS from Sikiajhora/ 60KM 1.5 – 2HRS from Lataguri)
- 15 June to 15 Sept – National Park/ Wildlife Sanctuary Closed
- Summer is the ideal time for wildlife sighting
Disclaimer of Dooars Tour photos
- All Buxa, Jaldapara & Gorumara photos used are just indicative, though experience expressed are practical
- All Buxa, Jaldapara & Gorumara photos are not of Ocean6 Holidays or clicked by guest of Ocean6 Holidays
- Copyright of all the Buxa, Jaldapara & Gorumara photos used belongs to the respective photographer or community promoting the same
Arrival at NJP & transfer to hotel/ resort at Sikiajhora. Rest & relax. Evening Boat Safari at Sikiajhora. O/N stay at Sikiajhora.
After breakfast, sightseeing to Rajabhatkhawa Nature Interpretation Centre cum Museum, Chunia Watch Tower(Buxa Tiger Reserve), Jayanti, Pokhari Hill. O/N stay at Sikiajhora.
After breakfast, transfer to hotel/ resort at Jaldapara. Rest & relax. Lunch at hotel/ resort. Evening Jungle Safari to Harindanga Watch Tower, Hollong. O/N stay at Jaldapara.
After breakfast, sightseeing to South Khayerbari Tiger & Leopard Rehabilitation Centre. Rest & relax. Lunch at hotel/ resort. Evening Jungle Safari at Chilapata Forest. O/N stay at Jaldapara.
After breakfast, transfer to hotel/ resort at Lataguri. Enroute visit Murti. Rest & relax. Evening Jungle Safari to Medla Watch Tower. O/N stay at Lataguri.
Early morning Jungle Safari to Jatra Prasad & Rhino Point Watch Towers(Gorumara National Park). Rest & relax. Lunch at resort. Evening Jungle Safari to Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary. O/N stay at Lataguri.
After breakfast, whole day sightseeing to Jhalong, Bindu, Paren, Samsing, Suntaleykhola, Rocky Island. Lunch enroute & transfer to NJP in the evening. Tour ends.
- Accommodation on double/ triple sharing basis as per package selected.
- Ex NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri transfers.
- Transportation by AC Scorpio/ Xylo/ Innova/ similar vehicles as per availability on point to point basis.
- Train/ Flight/ Bus Fares
- Entry Fees
- Jungle Safari Charges
- Car on Day 06
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered.
- Any kind of cultural program(can be arranged at extra payment).
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head ‘Package Inclusions’.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, etc.
- Any kind of drinks(alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- GST will be applicable on total amount, if payment by Bank Transfer/ Cheque/ Credit Card.
- Child below 5 years of age will be complimentary. Child above 5 years of age will be considered as an Extra Seat for Transportation & will be charged 50% of the Package Cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Price valid for 06 persons.
- 100% payment to be paid before the trip starts.
- Final confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per mentioned tour plan(Point to Point Basis only).
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/ transportation in any circumstance.
- 50% cancellation charges will be levied if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 30 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour.
- Every individual must carry his/ her own Photo Identity Card
- Make sure that you have valid permits before entering Buxa Tiger Reserve, Jaldapara National Park & Gorumara National Park.
- Bring camera, capture the moments.
- Bring binoculars to enjoy the wildlife.
- Drive slowly, enjoy the safari.
- Stick to the guided road/ track otherwise there are chances to get attacked by the wild animals.
- Maintain silence. Human sound, noises, music or horn of vehicles disturb the animals.
- Maintain distance with the wild animals, stay safe.
- Wear brown, beige or green clothes as much as possible to match with the forest color and not disturb or excite the wild animals. Less bright clothes are acceptable.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear chappals
- Carry any kind of weaponry.
- Smoke or light campfire.
- Use perfume.
- Use flashlight while capturing the picture. Animals have sensitive eyes, using flash light may excite their nerves.
- Throw any kind of wastes or garbage in the park. Buxa Tiger Reserve, Jaldapara National Park & Gorumara National Park are home of the wild animals and plants that need to be respected for human survival.
- Pick or touch any dead or living plants or animals.
- Consume non-vegetarian food or alcohol inside Buxa Tiger Reserve, Jaldapara National Park & Gorumara National Park.
- Walk after 5.00PM till 6.00AM inside the park.